Thursday, August 28, 2008

a poem

I fear that i will always be
a lonely number like root three
a three is all that's good and right,
why must my three keep out of sight
beneath a vicious square root sign?
I wish instead i were a nine,
for nine could thwart this evil trick
with just some quick arithmetic.
I know I'll never see the sun
as one point seven three two one.
such is my reality, a sad irrationality
when hark! what is this I see?
another square root of a three has quietly come waltzing by.
together now we multiply and form a number we prefer,
rejoicing as an integer.
we break free from our mortal bonds,
and with a wave of magic wands,
our square root signs become unglued,
and love for me has been renewed.

--Kumar (Kal Penn)
Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay

XD this is the movie I stayed up watching (alone) during our sleepover at Kanluran for the cheerdance. it's really funny, but I actually prefer white castle (the prequel) which is much more socially irrelevant which makes it all the funnier. Although.. the poem is an interesting touch, very cute, very NICE! haha XD

No comments: